What is spirituality? Why do we even need to become spiritual? Is spirituality helpful for human beings? If yes, how to start the path of spirituality? These are the prominent questions that every seekers wants to know about spirituality.
So, today in this article we will learn about what spirituality is all about. We human being think ourselves to be just being, but actually we are a spirit and spirituality is nothing, but our own spirit, it is a quest to realize the self, it is to realize what are the ultimate truth of life, Why even we are living, Why people take Birth, What happens after death & why death happens and above all the Golden question of spirituality is Who am I and What is the purpose of our life?
Who am I?
Am I this body or am I this mind, Am I the intellect or am I the ego? Who am I? If we go deep within, then we will realize, that we are neither the mind, not the intellect, neither the body, nor the ego, We are that which is divine.
When we realize, how can I be the mind or body that is continuously changing, then we know the truth.
1. How can I be the mind which I have accumulated: Whatever knowledge this mind contains, We gain from this world. A child has some understanding and knowledge, man on the other hand has some other understanding & knowledge and it happens because of the amount of knowledge we have in our mind and the world we have experienced. Therefore, We are not our mind which is Continuously changing, we are something divine.
2. Our body we have accumulated: This body is nothing but a combination of different types of elements that is the water, Air, space fire and soil. A child has a body which is very small as compared to a man, it shows that even this body is constantly changing and how can we be something which is changing. We are that which is unchanged, unborn & indestructible.
3. Can we be our ego? Of course not: Our ego is created due to ignorance. We say, I am a doctor, I am a lawyer, all these are my profession not I. We say, I am Ram, I am Sam, this all is our name not I. We say I live in London, I live in India, this is our country but not I. We say I am married, I am unmarried, this is our marital status but not I. But the question remains the same, Who we actually are?
So, when we go deep into the quest and by seeking, we realize the truth, that we are neither the mind, nor this body, nor we are the ego. Actually, we are a divine soul, a power, consciousness, we are Atman, you may call whatever you want. Just like a computer may have a hardware & software and every other element, but it cannot be run without electricity, same like we human being may have our body or mind, but we cannot be run without the power supply, that is our soul and to realize that we are the soul, it is our ultimate goal.
This spiritual path will teach us our reality, that Who we are, What is our purpose of life? Why are we even on this Earth? Where we come from, where we will go and ultimately we will reach the state of enlightenment, that is realization of the ultimate truth. Where we can feel the ultimate bliss, We can have peace in our life, We can dance with joy and We can even find the all the reality of our life.
That is why we human beings must follow the path that reaches the inner world. We must stop, think & go on a quest to have self realization, to know about life, to know about the creator and the creation and that is possible only by being spiritual and actually we are spirit not the body, mind & ego.
“WE CANNOT BECOME SPIRITUAL, WE CAN REALIZE WE ARE SPIRITUAL”
- The Assam Tamil touch
- God, Man & Artificial Intelligence
- Religion, Discipline & destination
- What is Siddha? (A conversation with Dr. Priyanka from Tamil Nadu)
- WHAT IS FEAR?